Luna Park in the Halensee area of Berlin, Germany was an amusement park in operation from 1909 to 1933. At that time, it was Europe’s largest. The park was closed for World War 1 but reopened after Armistice . Luna Park closed for the last time in October 1933.
With the beginning of World War II, the Luna Park was converted from 1940 as “Luna-camp” for foreign forced laborers. The camp was built on the initiative of the German weapons and munitions factory and was the second largest store in Berlin.
The foreigners were housed here depending on their origin nation divided primarily for forced labour in the Bergmann electricity plants used in Wilhelmsruh and for Nazi arms factories in Reinickendorf. In addition to the barracks, the castle beautiful wood was himself a Polenlager Schönholz set up.
This is what is left of the Camp Bunkers