Grunau such a beautiful area with all its big plush houses along side of the Langer See , I had explored the ballhaus Riviera 2 years before, so it was great to be going back to such a beautiful area out side of Berlin.
The Building was used as a boathouse for the 1936 Summer Olympics, the city hosted the canoeing and rowing events at the regatta course on the Langer See.
Not a lot to say about this explore, was very easy to get into the building, nothing very special inside just a lot of mess.
In 1934 moved the building for the first time its owner. Owner was the Dresdner Bank , which used the property as a sports and recreation center, During the Second World War the building was in 1940 used by the Wehrmacht confiscated and as a reserve hospital use. Towards the end of the war it was damaged by enemy action.
1946 – 1956
By order of the Soviet Military Administration (SMAD) boathouses Dresdner Bank (Regatta Road 277) and were Allianz (neighboring property Regatta Road 267) in 1946 seized by the central administration of Post and Telecommunications of the Soviet occupation zone. Should be built here a cable radio -Sendeanlage. In September 1946, the SMAD founded an editorial board of the Berliner Rundfunk SMAD to the Berliner Rundfunk , the still from the House of Broadcasting in the Masurenallee to provide sent with contributions from Grunau out. The conversion of the two boat houses for use as a radio studio in East Berlin was completed on May 1, 1947. In addition to contributions for the Berliner Rundfunk and reviews for the transmitter now been here Leipzig , Dresden , Schwerin , Magdeburg and Weimar produced that did not yet have sufficient opportunities for themselves.
The out Masurenallee in West Berlin sending Soviet-controlled Berlin radio was quickly joined by the Western Allies severely hampered and blocked later. In this situation, the tapered radio studio Grunau was on 17 May 1948 by the SMAD to the German Administration for Education passed. Ye formally subordinate to General Management of the Democratic Radio took over the area and named it henceforth radio Grunau.